Avocado in brownies? Seriously? I know, that’s what I was thinking… but oooh does it work.
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
300g Dark Chocolate
2 cups Coconut Sugar
1 cup Ground Almonds1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Mashed Avocado
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- Make sure your avocado is as smooth as possible as you don’t want to be chewing on large chunks of cooked avocado!
- You can save some of the walnuts to sprinkle on top before baking.
- You can easily add more chopped chocolate in the recipe, or even add dried cranberries.
- If you don’t have either coconut sugar, I usually swap it for caster or light brown sugar.
- If your skewer doesn’t come out completely clean when put it in the cake, don’t worry as you want the brownies to be slightly gooey.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Then put the coconut oil and chocolate over a low heat in a large saucepan.
- Once the chocolate is melted, turn off the heat and add the sugar, ground almonds, baking powder, avocado, vanilla extract, salt and eggs. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the roughly chopped walnuts, and mix until evenly combined.
- Then pour the mixture into a tin either greased with butter or lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the top is cooked and the center is still slightly gooey when a skewer is inserted.
- Once cooked, leave it to cool for 20 mins. Then serve with a cuppa, or even greek or frozen yoghurt.