A perfect pancake recipe that can be adapted to suit whatever your taste buds are fancying!
½ Cup of Oats
½ Banana2 Egg Whites
1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons of Almond Milk
1-2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon (optional)
- For the photo above, I added extra bits and bobs such as mango, pomegranate, raspberries, nectarines/peaches, passion fruit, honey, crushed hazelnuts and peanut butter.
- You can spread whatever you like on these pancakes and added whatever you like, even sandwich the pancakes together with greek yogurt!
- In the pancake mix you could add dark chocolate chips, ginger, blueberries… whatever you have handy in the fridge!
- Put the oats, banana, egg whites, maple syrup, almond milk and cinnamon (if using) in a blender, and blend until you have a smooth pancake-like consistency.
- Then heat a slightly greased frying pan up on a medium heat.
- Add your pancake batter in the desired shape and size you want, keeping in mind that the thicker your pancake the longer it will take to cook. Your pancakes will take around 1-2 minutes each side, but keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning. They should be a golden brown colour and cooked through.
- Prepare your chosen fruit by chopping, washing etc. And then serve with the fruit and honey for a instagram-worthy brunch!