If you are hopping on a plane to somewhere scorching this summer, or if you’re a Brit like me who, as soon as you hear that the rare ‘heatwave’ week is upon us (at last), you leap outside to catch every last drop… When the suns out, we all like to make the most of it. Might that be planning a day outside with your friends or spending the majority of your va-cay stuck to the sun-bed, but there are a few precautions you should know before sizzling your skin and frying up some freckles. So, I have put together a list of the all-important things to throw into your beach bag this summer:
- The bigger the better is the case for hats, insuring it covers your face and neck so you don’t have to do that embarrassing chore when your mum tells you you’re going red and you have to throw a top over your face, but not anymore! I’m still searching for the perfect floppy boho hat so it would be much appreciated if you could leave a link in the comments to one you think has my name all over it. I snagged this hat up from H&M as a last minute impulse holiday buy.
- This little tube of “hello sun kissed locks!” is perfect to leave in your hair whilst you tan. It gives your hair that lovely golden-higlighted look that you try every year to achieve. Lighter locks have never been easer by using L’Oréal’s Sunkiss Jelly.
- For when you’re feeling a need of a freshen up, try using face wipes to wipe up any excess oils on your face that will cause you to breakout.
- Hawaiian Tropic has always been my favourite suncream brand because it smells amazing and does wonders to your skin! Their aftersun is also a godsend when you’ve baked a bit too long and your skin is crying out for help.
- Throw in a good read or mag to keep you busy. I highly recommend Sam Wasson’s Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M and ASOS‘ Magazine always features some up-and-coming celeb and tons of funky fashion ideas.
- Body Shop’s Vitamin C range is perfect for when you get a bit hot and bothered. Spritz on their Engerizing Face Spritz or nourish your skin with their Moisturiser with added SPF30, a perfect alternative to oily suncream you usually torture your face with.
- We all know that sand is a great exfoliator, but do you really want to be lying in a puddle of suncreamy-sand for the whole day? PINK are doing some really cute towels at the moment so be sure to check them out!
- To fit ALL that in, you obviously need an oversized beach bag. I love any bag with tassels so I picked this one up from Westfield’s The Sting.
I hope the sun shines for you wherever you are this summer, and comment any items I have missed out. Jemima Plume Xx