From editing Instagram pictures to keeping healthy, these are the apps I use daily and literally cannot live without…
- I probably use VSCOcam to edit every single photo I post on Instagram or I even sometimes use it to edit blog photos. I’ve been using it for around 2 and a half years now and today I’m still finding new tips and tricks for editing. The filters make it so easy to turn an average photo into a Tumblr-worthy snap. For example:
It takes me around 2 minutes to edit but what I usually do is:
- Choose a filter (my favourites are F2 and M3) then tone it down to about 8.
- Then play around with exposure, tint, temperature and saturation.
2. I’ve always thought 99p was way too much to buy one song from iTunes, and the music available on iTunes isn’t exactly my cup of tea. I use SoundCloud because it has the perfect music for me (you can check out my stream here). So when I saw that I could get all my favourite music and more for free, I was super excited. No more annoying ads interrupting my relaxing bath music when streaming from YouTube. It’s also great for upcoming artists to get their name out there, because once you like or repost a song, it will pop up on your follower’s stream.
3. Whenever I head out on a run, I like to keep track of my route and time. And MapMyRun is spot on for this. Just remember to click “Start Workout” before beginning and throughout the course of your run you can be reminded how far you’ve been running and for how long. You can even follow where your friends are running if they’re logged on as well (I find that a tad stalker-ish). The app is a great way to track your improvements because you can look back at your saved workouts and it compares them to the ones your are completing now, a real motivation!
4. This next one is dangerously handy. Lyst takes internet shopping to a whole new level. Once you’ve created an account, you choose the brands you’re most interested in. Just imagine you’re scrolling through your Tumblr feed, but instead of soppy quotes and pictures of sunsets, you are shown the latest Rag & Bone jeans or Ray Ban sunnies. A shoppers dream. AND Lyst giveaway one lucky customer’s saved item for free as part of their ‘Monday Made (Better)’ campaign. This week they generously gave away a pair of Mui Mui sunglasses… even more of a temptation to keep on searching for designer or bargain pieces!
5. Last but definitely not least. If you’re planning a trip up to London and you don’t want to do the usual shop, eat, repeat… Fever‘s got your back. Just choose the city you visit the most, and then pick what your interested in. It gives you hundreds of unique and quirky events that aren’t worth missing. You can check out whats on today for some last minute, spontaneous plans. Or if you’re planning in advance scroll through events later on. There is a seriously huge range of things to do, see and eat. I’ll give you a few things which are on my list… Silent Disco Yoga, Chocolate Making & Mixology Workshop and Paint Pop Art. And some of the events are free! It’s a real winner if you’re looking for a cheap but cheerful day out. This app is going to get all your weekends booked up till Christmas!
Jemima Plume Xx